First of all, thank you for your support and your feedback! This is very helpful for us to create the best possible game. After reviewing your input, we have decided to take Psycho Starship Rampage’s development a lot, lot further. So, for the time being, we have choosen to remove the current alpha demo download, as it does not reflect all the improvements we are currently making.
Here is a partial list of what we are working on :
- A graphical overhaul: the new design will be more modern and more readable.
- More action: the pace of gameplay has already increased A LOT (think more arcade-oriented, with forced scrolling and many more enemies a la R-Type, Gradius and Thunder Force).
- Improve the editor’s interface: many factors to sort your equipment, automatic bindings, better default keys, it will have it all.
- Complete loot system overhaul: the current one tends to slow down the action by giving you a reason NOT to shoot enemies. This is called Psycho Starship Rampage, not Psycho Starship Please Wait. We also have a new fun system in the works improving the odds of getting the loot YOU want.
- Improve the feeling of the existing weapons and add some more.
The Greenlight campaign is still open! We keep the current trailer and screenshots for now, and we will update them as soon as our new design is ready.
That said, do not panic! These changes should not delay the release much. Psycho Starship Rampage is still in very early development stages, and can evolve very easily.
To stay informed about Psycho Starship Rampage’s evolution, follow us on Twitter or/and like us on Facebook!
We’ll be back… soon!
All glory to the rampage!